[captionpix width=”200″ imgalt=”Slimming Workshop In Folkestone” imgsrc=”http://www.kickthedietinghabit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/KTDH-Logo-250-sharpened1.jpg”]
There’s plenty of scientific information out there to show why diets and the like may have been ‘failing you, and this is mostly to do with how they’re being used.
On the whole it’s about lifestyle, where those who have the greatest success dieting have been found to be those who make proper lasting lifestyle changes to their eating, rather than ‘trying’ to cheat the system, and fall back into what you might call old-ways once the diet it over.
If you use the short-term method, invariably it confuses the physiology and if that eating plan required spells of deprivation, once the body resumes ‘normal’ eating it stores more fat in order to save you from starving.
This way you can end up larger than you were before you ever started dieting and nobody wants that.
Are You Fed Up?
What if you’re like me though and love your food, how can you escape it, we have to eat, right, and when you decide to start a new plan the body just gets confused, and maybe this sounds like an all too familiar pattern where you:
- Search for a weight loss program you can live with (or return to one you’ve used before)
- The anticipation and hope that this will be ‘the one’ or ‘the right time’
- Have the first weigh-in where more weight drops off than at most other times
The Hard Work Starts
This is where you might find yourself:
- Struggling to adapt, and convince yourself it’s worthwhile but simultaneously find yourself telling anyone who’ll listen how great it is, and not sure who needs more convincing
- Having to accommodate the rest of the family on both the taste and budget fronts
- Living with the system of counting sins, points, calories etc
- Attending weekly weigh-in’s with their attendant high’s and low’s
- Stretching the will-power to it’s limit
- And if you manage that miracle you might just achieve TARGET
- And a big pause here to raise a high five to that when you do
- Then you’ve to deal with the overwhelming urge to just get back to some indulgent eating, after all you’ve earned it after what you’ve put yourself through?
- But what did it teach you?
In fact one of the most frustrating aspects of dieting is the time, energy, money and deprivation invested only to find them dashed to the wall as another bit of your self-esteem disappears alongside all those good intentions, whenever you hit a plateau.
Where The Rubber Hits The Road
And this is where the journey really begins, I liken it to learning to drive a car where once you pass your test the real challenges begin (and I’m sure I’m not alone in a raft of funny stories around that particular learning- curve or curb in my case lol!).
But over time I was motivated to become an excellent driver, yet it’s important because it’s a dangerous business out there on the road. And most of it comes down to trial and error because you no longer have the instructor telling you what to do next like when you come to a crossroads, the one-way system, new towns, motorways and those formidable winding, narrow country lanes.
It’s not so dissimilar from learning to navigate your way through the challenges when learning any new habit or training skill. So why would eating be any different?
However there is some really good news! All this time you’ve been blaming yourself and all the temptations that have been offered up to you.
BUT it’s NOT your fault!
Making Conscious Change Takes Time
As you can see the problem is that trying to cheat and make superficial change, on a conscious level, you have to allow healthy eating habits stay for the long-haul.
The quick-fix just doesn’t have legs nor does it work! And why would you want to keep putting yourself through it.
Although it’s not your fault, only you can make the change in your approach and this is where you may need additional help.
If you find coping with a dieting plan without cheating it (and for it read ‘you;), combined with the whole denial thing, as well as your body not knowing which way is up, it’s no wonder that a myriad of eating / dieting plans have failed you.
What I’m going to share at this 1-day Weight Conrol Workshop are some wonderful quick-change techniques that enable change at the deeper level of the subconscious mind that will enable all parts of the mind to work in unison without having to rely on that ‘old stickler’ willpower.
Weight Management Workshop Details
And a solution is at hand. Get in touch for more information … I’m excited to share these techniques that will get all parts of your mind on-board to fulfil the ambition you’ve craved for so long … and its going to be a fun day!
You’ll meet other like-minded people who want to make the same impact on their eating.
- From one ‘foodie’ to another … you WON”T have to change your LOVE of FOOD just the way its been treating you!
- SPECIAL OFFER until Friday 28 August … only £30.00 (Introductory price) then increases to £45.00
- Venue: St Martin’s Community Centre
- Date: 12 September 2009
- Times: 10.00 am – 5.00 pm
- Call book: Jane – 01303 223233 / 07951 522829
- Email: email@example.com